Field study visit #4: October 30

Date and time: October 30, 2:34 P.M.

Weather: sunny with clouds at the beginning of the day, and cloudy through the afternoon, with a very slight breeze.

Air temperature: 63 degrees

Length of day: 10 hours and 24 minutes , Sunrise- 8:16 A.M. Sunset- 6:40 P.M.

Observations: One of the first things I noticed in my area was that after the leaves have changed and many of the leaves are on the ground that had fallen were crunchy and dry and not fresh fallen leaves like the pervious visit, another thing that I noticed was the plants around the edge on the pond are all dying or crumpling up in some kinda of way and the lily pads are all dead/dying as you can see in the video (which might not show up) and pictures, the days are starting to get very short and darker/cloudier, the deer that I have mentioned before have been moving around to different areas to lay as you can see in the pictures and lastly the insects seem to be completely gone because I wasn't able to hear any during my visit today. 

Awe and stewardship: The past few weeks my dad has been trying to make plans with people to make our pond areas healthier for the living organisms throughout them on our property since we haven't payed much attention to them in a while. I am seeing that even though it may seem like a small thing it is still affecting and changing the ecosystem for the better because over the years we have kind of neglected our ponds until I started telling my dad about the things I was noticing around the area through this field study and we looked deeper into fixing the issues because it is God's creation and its our job to take care of it.













Comments

  1. Great pics. Good observations overall...did you talk with your dad about what he's thinking of doing and why? Bonus if you include in next post...include the biology. Be sure to include sketches and have yourself in one of the 6 from the same location.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field study visit #3: October 12