Field study visit #2: September 27

Date and time: September 27, 6:23 P.M.

Weather: cloudy, on and off rain through the end of the afternoon, and very windy

Air temperature: 53 degrees

Length of day: 11hr and 56 minutes, Sunrise- 7:37 A.M. Sunset- 7:33 P.M.

Observations: It is starting to get colder outside with shorter days, one of the things that really stood out to me is how many insects were making noise and how much quieter they were down by the pond area today, the trees are starting to change in the slightest bit of colors showing the start of fall. As I was walking through the path by the pond I also noticed a spot on the tall grass shown in the second to last picture comparing to the last picture, there had been some deer that were in that spot laying down earlier because all of the grass was pushed down on one single large spot showing there were quite a few. The pond itself has started changing also and I saw a change in the amounts for algae covering the pond and I think it is because the temperatures are decreasing which might be making the pond a harder place to produce algae. Also looking at the organisms living around the pond I have noticed that there haven't been many ducks here lately compared to before which shows how they react to weather and season changes.

Sound map: There were not many things making noise today that I could hear but mostly because the winds were so strong and loud-












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field study visit #3: October 12

Field study visit #4: October 30